Monday, June 16, 2008

6/16 My bloging journey

I'm not sure how this is going to go. Theresa is getting me hooked on blogging but I'm afraid I may blog about things that are too personal to actually put public. I've kind of started blogging on MySpace and have to see if I can link this to that. That would be kind of cool. Today is a rainy gray day. Heather is home from school even though tomorrow is her last day. She just doesn't feel good.

I have been trying to set up a schedule for our summer so that at the end of it I can look back and feel that it was productive. So far I have the kids doing swimming lessons and library on Thursday's, daycare on Tuesday, and have been researching fun in expensive stuff to do locally. I have found the Pine Tree Arboretum in Augusta, touring the governors house (the Blaine House) is free, The Maine State Museum in very inexpensive, too. I hope to do one special thing like that a week and leave the rest of our days to do whatever... like groceries and laundry! A friend of mine said we could have their old pool so I hope to get that set up soon so it can be used on the hot days. Right now we are gearing up for Kachira's birthday party this weekend, a dinner in Rockland with some of my cousins, and surprise party for some friends on Sunday. We will be busy but having fun.

Another thing that I want to do is to practice taking pictures (on manual) with my camera. I really want to eventually have a real camera (not digital) and a dark room but that probably won't happen until the kids are grown... so about 15 years from now! I feel like I'm cheating when I take a good picture - even on manual setting, but then all I do is print it off instead of tweaking it and creating it in the dark room.

So, here is a start we will see where it takes us.

No comments: